Municipal Trash Collection
REGULAR WEEKLY TRASH COLLECTION:
- Curb-side trash pick-up on all town streets in the entire Town of Trappe is on Tuesday of each week beginning at 6:00 am – [special holiday schedules may apply – contact Town Hall for schedule]
- The Town limits the number of containers from each residence to three (3) thirty gallon containers or six (6) tied bags. All trash containers and bags are limited to a maximum weight of sixty (60) pounds each.
- Leaves and yard waste shall be accepted when placed in tied bags or containers. tree limbs and sticks will be accepted if tied in bundles less than three feet in length and 60 pounds in weight. WET LEAVES WILL NOT BE PICKED UP!
- Tires, paint, oil, ashes (hot or cold), Christmas trees, major appliances, hazardous wastes, and all other materials which cannot be disposed of at the regional landfill shall not be collected. (See bulk trash regulations below. If in doubt contact the Town Office at (410) 443-0087
SPECIAL BULK TRASH COLLECTION (two times per year): NEW RULES IN EFFECT AFTER JUNE 02, 2010
Special Bulk Trash pick up is semiannually on the last Friday of April and October. Regular household garbage will NOT be picked up with bulk trash. Christmas trees only will be picked up in January (free). All bulk materials to be picked up for disposal must be scheduled in advance. A bulk collection fee of $10.00 plus a per-tire surcharge for passenger car and light truck tires (payable in advance) will be collected for each residential bulk pickup, not to exceed 3 cubic yards ( < 3 yd3), [about a pickup truck load].
To schedule a bulk trash pickup, please complete a special bulk trash pickup request form and and mail it along with the required payment to, Town of Trappe, Inc., PO Box 162, Trappe MD 21673-0162. Your request must arrive to at least three (3) days before the scheduled pickup date to be included. Forms may also be picked up and dropped off at the Trappe Town Office at 4011 Powell Avenue.
Wait! Before you toss that stuff onto the pile for Special Trash Pickup . . . . .
consider these landfill-friendly options:
- Martha’s Closet – Drop off any good used items at the Trappe United Methodist Martha’s Closet yard sale. The shop is open every Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to noon and during the Country Church Breakfast on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of each month. To arrange another time to drop off donations, please contact Martha’s Closet at 410.476.3384.
- Join Mid Shore Freecycle – This online exchange network is open to anyone in the Mid Shore area who wants to “re-cycle” rather than throw stuff away. Anything goes—whether it’s a chair, a fax machine, firewood, a piano or an old car, feel free to post it. Looking to acquire something yourself? Read the Mid Shore FreeCycle list daily until you see something offered. One Rule: everything posted must be FREE. No trading, no bartering, no selling! For more information or to join the group, visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midshore_freecycle.
- The National Cristina Foundation will put you in touch with a charity in our area that needs equipment (computers, printers, fax machines and other office equipment) to help people with disabilities, students at risk and those who are economically disadvantaged. Contact them at 203.863.9100 or National Cristina Foundation
- Chesapeake Center Computer Recycling – Now accepting computers for recycling at 713 Dover St. in Easton. For more information, visit Chesapeake Center Computer Recycling or phone 410.822.4122